Another Christmas tradition is on its way, where thousands, upon millions of people will tune-in at some point to watch TBS’s marathon of the movie, A Christmas Story. For all of you cable cutters out there, here is how you can stream it this year!
The marathon will begin at 12 AM ET on Christmas Day and be played all throughout the day that day, over and over again. This is something TBS has been doing for several years now and it makes it so that everyone has a chance to watch it.
What you will need is a live TV streaming service. Most of these do have TBS and offer week-long free trials that will make it so that you can watch it at no cost to yourself (as long as you remember to cancel the free trial once you are done with it before it ends).
- Sling TV: 7-day free trial
- Available on both Sling Orange and Sling Blue plans
- PlayStation Vue: 5-day free trial
- Access plan (44.99 per month)
- DirecTV Now: 7-day free trial
- Live a Little plan ($40 a month)
- YouTube TV: 7-day free trial (only available in certain areas)
- Fubo TV: 7-day free trial
For those looking outside of a TV network to watch it this year, sadly, no other streaming service like Netflix, Hulu or Prime Video has it. However, it can be purchased for $9.99 or rented for $3.99 through iTunes.
All of the streaming services mentioned in this article do have apps in the App Store available for the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV and the Mac (via Safari).