Phone data is something that we all use every single day, whether it be at home, work, or school. However, if you’re like almost everyone else out there, your data plan probably has a limit.
Here are some easy ways to not use your data on your iPhone:
- Download apps like myAT&T, My Verizon, My Sprint Mobile, and the official T-Mobile app in order to manage your data. My Verizon even has a widget that users can integrate into Notification Center.
- Do your best to be on WiFi: If your place of work has a password on the WiFi, try to find out what it is in order to save data. The same logic can also be used at school.
- If eating out, go to places that have WiFi at the restaurant. Whether this is a fast food joint or traditional sit-down restaurant, try to go to restaurants that have WiFi. In order to find out whether or not a place has WiFi, there are plenty of apps in the App Store that can do just that.
- Turn off “Background App Refresh” on your iPhone. When this is activated, your data and apps are being used while your iPhone is in sleep mode/standby. It’s also a huge data sucker, as well.
- Get an unlimited data plan: Although they can cost a fortune at some carriers, they are well worth the money. Imagine being able to listen to your favorite music via Apple Music and getting directions from Apple Maps. With an unlimited data plan, you’ll be able to do just that. Plus, it might be faster that that school or workplace WiFi.
Of course, you can always go into Settings and change which apps are using your cellular and which ones are not. Either way, I hope these solutions help you save your data and make your iPhone experience a little bit better!