Mother’s Day this year falls on May 13. This gives you a few days to get your special mother a gift for Mother’s Day. Note that this can work if you are getting a gift for your mother, your wife if you two have kids, and/or girlfriend that has kids. Regardless, what are some of the best things to get that special mother in your life that will either get the job done or be just enough so that you don’t have to break the bank to satisfy them?
Here are our following suggestions:
- AirPods: Although they come with a price tag of $99, these wireless EarPods will allow them to listen to their music and maybe not hear the noise of the kids for a while. If they are a mother that does not have kids around them anymore but does still qualify as a mother, then these will allow them to listen to their music if they want to listen to it around the house or if they are at the gym.
- iPad 5th Generation: This is no longer the newest iPad on the market but will still be able to get the job done for those who are not looking for the newest one on the market right now. Best Buy currently has them on sale for $50-80 off the regular price. If you are looking to buy one through Apple, you will have to buy the 6th Generation that is currently priced at $329.
- Check out our review of the iPad 5th Generation here.
- Apple TV 4G/Apple TV 4K: Either of these will work. They allow for users to stream their favorite TV shows movies from streaming services like Netflix, Hulu and Prime Video, along with live TV streaming services such as Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV or Philo TV. If anything, if the device does not do anything for the mother, it will at least allow for the children to be busy for a while, which will leave mom happy. The Apple TV 4G in 32GB is currently available for $149 through Apple. The Apple TV 4K is available for $179 for 32GB and $199 for 64GB.
- HomePod: Now, I only say this if you are looking to really go all out for Mother’s Day. It can allow the user to play their music directly from an iPhone or iPad. The sound quality is pretty great. Check out this video that I posted on Instagram a few months ago that shows the sound quality and how loud it will go. It is currently priced through Apple at $349.
- Apple Watch: Personally, I would go with a Series 1 or Series 2 at this point since they all still pretty much work the same. The only changes are that a couple of them now have a built-in GPS and cellular in them. If you want something cheap, go with the Series 1, but if you are looking for something nicer and something that can do a little more, look into the Series 2 or Series 3.
- iTunes/App Store gift cards: Of course, nothing can beat an iTunes/App Store gift card. With these, mom can go and rent or buy that movie she has been always wanted to watch or buy that new Doctor Who season nine soundtrack (you know all women want it, I mean, come on?). If she wanted to, she could also buy some apps or premium add-ons too.