Tomorrow will be the day of the Apple Event where Apple is expected to announce and unveil the new iPhone, along with other products and likely the release dates for the newest versions of iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
This is the first event to be held on Apple’s new headquarters, Apple Park, and it is the first event that is going to be in the new Steve Jobs Theater.
Here’s what products and software that Apple is expected to announce and unveil tomorrow.
- The next iPhone: We all know that it is going to happen tomorrow and a lot of us have heard the rumors of there being multiple iPhones such as the iPhone 7S/7S Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, and the iPhone X. An official name for the next iPhone has not been confirmed by Apple yet, obviously.
- Apple Watch Series 3: Late last week, rumors were going around on the internet that Apple is expected to be unveiling the Apple Watch Series 3, which is expected to have an LTE version of it. This would mean that the watch would be independent and would not completely rely on the iPhone.
- 4K Apple TV: It’s no secret that the Apple TV needs 4K support. Apple is expected to finally deliver on this with a new 4K version of the Apple TV.
- Amazon Video tvOS app release date: I do expect that the company will be announcing a release date for the new Amazon Video Apple TV app. All Apple has said (from WWDC 2017) is that it is coming out “later this year.”
- Release dates for iOS 11, macOS High Sierra, tvOS 11, and watchOS 4: Like every year, the company either makes an announcement during the event of when the next OS is coming out for the said devices or it is “leaked” in screenshots and demos during the event itself.
- Apple Pay for Apple TV: According to Apple World Today, Apple has been rumored to be putting Touch ID sensors into the Siri Remote for the Apple TV. This gives the idea that the company is going to be putting Apple Pay on the Apple TV eventually. I actually predicted this last spring.
- iPod Touch 7th Generation: Yes, this is a bit of an odd statement or rumor to be considered for this event, especially since the iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle were recently discontinued. However, according to AppleInsider, the GM version of the iOS 11 beta does make references to a new iPod Touch either being unveiled tomorrow or sometime in the near future.
- HomePod release date: Or perhaps the day when consumers can start pre-ordering the new device?
- iMac Pro release date: Or like with the previous prediction, a day to begin pre-ordering the new computer.
These are the predictions that I am making for this year’s September 2017 Apple Event. The event begins tomorrow at 10 AM PT and can be streamed from the Apple Events app on the Apple TV or on Apple’s website from an iPhone, Mac, iPad, or iPod Touch.