Tonight, the NFL kicks off its season with a showdown between the reigning Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots versus the Kansas City Chiefs.
With satellite and cable-cutting becoming a norm in our society and how many people are watching TV shows and movies from their smartphones, laptops, and tablets, how can you watch this game tonight?
- NFL Mobile: If you are a Verizon customer, check to see if you are eligible to get NFL Mobile for free. Some plans do allow to get this service for free.
- NBC Sports: The game can be streamed for free on the official NBC Sports website, just not on their mobile apps due to NFL Mobile. This can be accessed on the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Be sure to turn off your ad-blockers too.
- Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Hulu with Live TV, PlayStation Vue, and YouTube TV: In select areas, some of these live TV streaming services do allow for users to stream their local networks, which includes NBC.
- Sling TV does come with a Mac-compatible app.
- Hulu with Live TV can now be viewed on Google Chrome and Safari browsers.
- Amazon Video: Amazon did get rights this year to allow their Amazon Prime users to stream Thursday Night Football games this season.
- To do so, just download the Amazon Video app on the App Store, sign in to your Prime account, and then from there, there should be an ad on the page and clicking on the ad for that game, you should be able to stream it from there.
- The same applies to the Mac, but users should just be directed to their website.
The game begins at 8:30 PM EST.