Here are some key features for Apple’s new iOS app store in iOS 11.
- The all-new design starts with the Today tab, where every day the App Store will share stories that showcase the amazing work of developers, and help customers discover their new favorites.
- Expert editors will use in-depth features and interviews filled with beautiful artwork and videos to share the stories behind the apps and games.
- The Today tab will feature exclusive premieres, new releases, and a fresh look at the all-time favorites, as well as tips and how-to guides to help customers use apps in innovative ways.
Games and Apps
• There’s a dedicated home for the most popular category on the App Store—Games
• It features recommendations on new releases and updates, compelling videos, top charts just for games, and handpicked collections and categories.
• It’s easier than ever to navigate the over half a million games available, and find the perfect game for the casual player, the more serious gamer, and everyone in between.
• Apps will also have a dedicated tab, bringing customers everything they use, need, and enjoy—from photography to money management to shopping to social networking, and more.
• All the amazing features for Games will also exist for Apps, including a simpler way to browse the 24 app categories, great recommendations, videos, handpicked collections and categories, and app charts.
Updates and Search
• The Updates tab is a quick way to see what’s changed in a favorite game or app
• Search will include the expert editorial content found in Today, Games, and Apps, so you can search by name, category, developer name, or topic.
• Search results will also include editorial stories, collections, and in- app purchases.
App Product Page
• A redesigned experience means more engaging content, so the most important information for a download decision is front and center.
• Video plays a more prominent role, and Editors’ Choice, chart position, in-app purchases, and customer ratings and reviews are highlighted.
• In-app purchases will be more discoverable—they show up on an app product page, in search results, and editors can feature them.
• Customers can even start their in- app purchase on the App Store and be taken directly into an app or game to complete their purchase.
Available with the iOS 11 public beta later in June Available with iOS 11 in fall 2017