It’s been 5 days since the last major release of iOS 10 from Apple, and iOS 10.1.1 here!
Here’s some improvements found in this update:
- Bug fixes (ALL iOS 10 Devices)
- Fixes an issue where some data shown inside the Health app would not appear or be visible. This applies to most newer models of iPhone and iPad.
- More minor improvements made to the iPhone 7 Plus exclusive Portrait feature.
This update comes in around 50MB, based on your device, and, as usual, is accessible to any device currently running iOS 10.
To install iOS 10.1.1, simply jump to your Settings > General > Software Update > Download & Install.
Agree to the Terms and Conditions and confirm your passcode to continue and complete the installation. Your device will restart several times, and may appear inactive at times. The update should take no longer than 10 minutes.
Be sure to have your device backed up to iCloud prior to starting the update, and connect your device to a reliable power source.
Alternatively, using iTunes from a Mac running macOS Sierra and higher or a PC running Windows 10 can be used for installing iOS 10.1.1
- Developer betas are restricted to devices with an installed and verified developer beta configuration profile.
- Public betas are open to public, where registration is required. If you are not currently enrolled in the Apple Public Beta Test Program, apply at https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome.
- Some features highlighted above may not be applicable or compatible with your device, country, or settings.
- Downloads made over-the-air (OTA) may be done through cellular data connections, if applicable, and if your device is not connected to a wireless network. Data and internet connection rates apply.
Stay tuned for updates related to iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS here on TeamApple News!